The reason so many people come to Salem in October is the festive atmosphere created by…so many people. It’s part of the excitement, chatting with fellow revelers and soaking up the atmosphere. A few people who aren’t in the right frame of mind might grumble about the lines, crowds and traffic. Prepare yourself with information, and embrace it all as part of the fun.
Tips for an enjoyable visit to Salem in October
1. Check out Destination Salem’s online visitors’ brochure to help plan your trip. You’ll find a helpful walking map of the downtown and waterfront area listing major attractions, shopping, restaurants and activities. It also lists parking options and road closures (for parades) where applicable. You can pick up the print version of the Destination Salem Guide & Map once you’re here at the Salem Witch Museum, at the National Park Visitor Center, or many other places throughout the city.
2. Arrive as early as possible. The Salem Witch Museum opens every day at 10:00am. The earlier you arrive to purchase tickets, the more likely your preferred tour time will be available.
3. Be flexible. It is possible – and especially as we near Halloween very likely – for certain presentation times to be sold out. Be prepared to opt for a different tour time. Our presentations begin promptly at :00 and :30 of each hour. Presentations last approximately one hour.
4. Anticipate lines or wait-times just about everywhere in downtown Salem the nearer we get to Halloween. And, if there isn’t a line or wait, just be pleasantly surprised!
5. Expect there to be some traffic the closer we get to Halloween. Directions can be downloaded here, and it’s always possible to map out alternate routes into Salem, ie. Route 1A, Route 107 , Route 127.
Salem Witch Museum Hours for October, 2011
Day Date Open Close Sat 1-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Sun 2-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Mon 3-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Tue 4-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Wed 5-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Thu 6-Oct 10:00am 8:00pm Fri 7-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sat 8-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sun 9-Oct 10:00am 8:00pm Mon 10-Oct 10:00am 7:00pm Tue 11-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Wed 12-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Thu 13-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Fri 14-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sat 15-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sun 16-Oct 10:00am 7:00pm Mon 17-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Tue 18-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Wed 19-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Thu 20-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Fri 21-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sat 22-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sun 23-Oct 10:00am 7:00pm Mon 24-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Tue 25-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Wed 26-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Thu 27-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Fri 28-Oct 10:00am 12:00am Sat 29-Oct 10:00am 12:00am Sun 30-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Mon 31-Oct 10:00am 12:00am
This entry was posted on Oct 04 2011