Archive for October, 2011:
Halloween Night Events
4:00—10:00 PM Radio 92.9 Concert Stage, Washington Street at Federal Street
4:00—9:45 PM Shock Top Beer Garden, Federal Street at Washington Street 21+
7:00-10:00 PM Concert Stages around town. Dance in the streets, parking lots and Salem
Common as DJs spin and bands play on Halloween night. Stages will
be at Salem Common, Hawthorne Boulevard, Museum Place Fountain,
Derby Street, and Front Street.
10:00 PM Halloween Finale Fireworks. Celebrate the end of another fantastic Salem
Haunted Happenings with fireworks over the North River. Best viewed
from Bridge Street and the MBTA Commuter Rail Station.
11:05 PM Final Train departs to North Station, Boston
11:11 PM Final Train departs to Rockport
11:25 PM Final Train departs to Newburyport
Be Smart, Be Safe, Have Fun
To make the most of the public Salem Halloween experience, people are encouraged to
arrive no later than 8:30 PM and should plan to depart at 10:00 PM.
Do not bring any weapons—fake or real—as they will be confiscated;
Alcohol is strictly prohibited.
Triple Fines are in effect during Halloween weekend. This means citations for illegal behavior,
including public drinking, vandalism, and littering, could have fines up to $300.
Salem is a residential city—please be considerate of private property and residents.
The party ends with the fireworks at 10:00 PM. Please plan to depart at this time, as police
and public works departments will be clearing all streets and sidewalks.
For complete information on Salem Haunted Happenings and Halloween night, visit HauntedHappenings.org and
The reason so many people come to Salem in October is the festive atmosphere created by…so many people. It’s part of the excitement, chatting with fellow revelers and soaking up the atmosphere. A few people who aren’t in the right frame of mind might grumble about the lines, crowds and traffic. Prepare yourself with information, and embrace it all as part of the fun.
Tips for an enjoyable visit to Salem in October
1. Check out Destination Salem’s online visitors’ brochure to help plan your trip. You’ll find a helpful walking map of the downtown and waterfront area listing major attractions, shopping, restaurants and activities. It also lists parking options and road closures (for parades) where applicable. You can pick up the print version of the Destination Salem Guide & Map once you’re here at the Salem Witch Museum, at the National Park Visitor Center, or many other places throughout the city.
2. Arrive as early as possible. The Salem Witch Museum opens every day at 10:00am. The earlier you arrive to purchase tickets, the more likely your preferred tour time will be available.
3. Be flexible. It is possible – and especially as we near Halloween very likely – for certain presentation times to be sold out. Be prepared to opt for a different tour time. Our presentations begin promptly at :00 and :30 of each hour. Presentations last approximately one hour.
4. Anticipate lines or wait-times just about everywhere in downtown Salem the nearer we get to Halloween. And, if there isn’t a line or wait, just be pleasantly surprised!
5. Expect there to be some traffic the closer we get to Halloween. Directions can be downloaded here, and it’s always possible to map out alternate routes into Salem, ie. Route 1A, Route 107 , Route 127.
Salem Witch Museum Hours for October, 2011
Day Date Open Close Sat 1-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Sun 2-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Mon 3-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Tue 4-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Wed 5-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Thu 6-Oct 10:00am 8:00pm Fri 7-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sat 8-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sun 9-Oct 10:00am 8:00pm Mon 10-Oct 10:00am 7:00pm Tue 11-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Wed 12-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Thu 13-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Fri 14-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sat 15-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sun 16-Oct 10:00am 7:00pm Mon 17-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Tue 18-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Wed 19-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Thu 20-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Fri 21-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sat 22-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Sun 23-Oct 10:00am 7:00pm Mon 24-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Tue 25-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Wed 26-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Thu 27-Oct 10:00am 5:00pm Fri 28-Oct 10:00am 12:00am Sat 29-Oct 10:00am 12:00am Sun 30-Oct 10:00am 10:00pm Mon 31-Oct 10:00am 12:00am